MARQUETTE HEIGHTS — A family of four from Marquette Heights has been displaced after a fire Sunday left their home uninhabitable.
Fire crews responded to 205 Rogers Road about 12:15 p.m. Sunday on a report of a home that was engulfed in flames, according to the Marquette Heights Fire Department. Firefighters brought the fire under control in 20 minutes and the flames were extinguished by 12:47 p.m. Sunday.
The house was considered a total loss and will be inspected by a fire investigator Tuesday. No indications of suspicious activity were found by the Marquette Heights Fire Department.
The parents and their two sons — one in high school and one in eighth grade — who lived in the house were displaced by the fire and lost many of their possessions. The two adults and one of the sons were at the house during the fire and escaped without injury. Clothing donations to the family are being collected at the Marquette Heights Police Department or the city of Marquette Heights office.
Fire crews from Creve Coeur, Pekin and Bartonville assisted the Marquette Heights department.